Life's Little Emergencies: A Handbook for Active Independent Seniors and Caregivers - Rod Brouhard

It may be a little weird to say, but paramedics, in my experience, have been great folks. Rod Brouhard, the author of Life's Little Emergencies, seems to be no exception. There are some tales from his experience in the field that make this more than an average first aid reference book, warm and funny and ultimately rather comforting, which do not take away from its utility as a first aid reference book. It's all here, from bumps and bruises to major catastrophes, the topics organized to be located easily when they're needed and clearly and effectively illustrated.

The subtitle of the book is "A Handbook for Active Independent Seniors and Caregivers", which – the latter part being applicable to me – was what prompted me to put my name in for the book on LibraryThing's Early Reviewers program (which is where I received the book). However, while the senior-oriented sections of the book are expanded, this is a good book to have handy for anyone's little emergencies.